Junior Scientists Tandems (JST) is a MSc Career Exploration Scholarship and part of the ATSAF Academy. It represents an evolution of our established Junior Scientists Program and can use synergies with our PhD Research Scholarships. Furthermore, it expands the promotion of young scientists along scientific career paths in development-oriented agricultural research.
The aim of the JST is to inspire young people for development-oriented agricultural research, to qualify them in this field in an internationally competitive manner and rejuvenate and expand the corresponding professional networks.
ATSAF supports MSc students with:
- A scholarship for a period of six months
- 5000 € for MSc students (of any nationality) enrolled at a German university staying at a CGIAR++ center
- 7000 € for MSc students from a university of an OECD-DAC partner country staying at a German research institution
- The opportunity to collect data to complete the Master of Science degree
- Administrative support from ATSAF
- A Networking & Training Platform with inception trainings, webinars, and forums
In order to be eligible for support, MSc students must fulfill the following requirements:
- Completion of at least 1 MSc semester of agricultural sciences or another development-related degree course
- Proficiency in English
- Supervisor from a German university and a CGIAR++ research center supporting the application and research topic
- International liability and health insurance
- A high degree of sensitivity towards the culture in the country of assignment
- Team playing skills
- Willingness to assume responsibility and to work independently
- Willingness to engulf in six months of research abroad
- Female students and students from universities in OECD-DAC partner countries are particularly encouraged to apply!
If you have any questions or need help with the application procedure, please contact Beatrice Breuer or Sabine Baumgartner (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Organisation/Funding Institution: ATSAF e.V., Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ)
Deadlines: No deadline, applications are accepted at any time
Comments are closed